Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Calling all Book Lovers

Age: Any
Type:  Donation

So as an author myself of this book here, I am admittedly a little biased about reading.  I think, however, that as parents we can all agree of the importance of reading to our children.  While my house has shelves overflowing with books, not every child is so lucky.  With that in mind I wanted to give a heads up about Metro Parents Operation 25,000 books.  For those not familiar with Metro Parent, it is an awesome resource for Metro Detroit families.  They are celebrating their 25th anniversary this year and are attempting to donate 1,000 books for every year they have been around.  All books will go to the Detroit Parent Network.  For more information and to find out where to drop off your donation you can go here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a GREAT idea.... I think I could get my Daisy Troop involved in this.....

and even my daughter school, is there any other place I can find info on this?

Thanks,
Jenny Wrona
jwrona@kinnieannex.com

Holly said...

Thanks Jenny! If you go to Metro Parents website (you can follow the link in the post above) you can get a list of drop off locations. I would love to highlight your troop in another follow up post - so please send a pic if you do :)

 
template by suckmylolly.com